July 2023 Romance Reads Recap
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. It has been a while since I do a book recap or post anything at all…but I promise that I’ll do much better for the rest of the year. Btw I started writing this beginning of the month–better be late than never.
July was an awesome reading month for me. I’m totally obsessed with MM romance–maybe this will change, and all of the books were gay romance. I’ve read some really steamy books–12 books in July, and all of them were from the Gay genre. Eight of them were written by authors that I haven’t read before. Of course, two of my favorite authors, Brooke Blaine and Eden Finley/Saxon James, were on the list. The other authors are Abigail Roux and Cari Z/LA Witt, two by Cora Rose, Andi Jaxon, Nicole Dykes, Ashley James, and three by Reese Knightley.
Here are the 12 books I read in July 2023, along with books purchased and added to my to-be-read list. Unfortunately, I did not review any books in July–look out for my reviews this month.
The books I read last month are in order of my favorites, and I was looking forward to Brooke Blaine and Eden Finley’s releases because…hell…they both keep the pages burning. Here you go…Enjoy.
- Bedhead ( Hate to Love You Book 1) By Brooke Blaine
- Up in Flames By Eden Finley
- Exception (Unlucky 13 Book 5) By Cora Rose
- Unfortunate (Unlucky 13 Book 3 ) By Nicole Dykes
- Detonate (Out for Justice Book 7) By Reese Knightley
- Shock and Awe (Sidewinder Book 1) By Abigail Roux
- Cop vs. Capo (Hitman vs Hitman Bo0k 4) By Cari Z
- Whit (Unexpected Book 1) By Cora Rose
- Rampage (Out for Justice Book 3) By Reese Knightley
- Broken (Unlucky 13 Book 1 ) By Andi Jaxon
- Collide (Out for Justice Book 2) By Reese Knightley
- Brazen Affair (Hidden Affairs Book 1) By Ashley James
Bedhead from Brooke Blaine and Up in Flames (that appears to be standalone) was a big surprise. For some crazy reason, I did not know about these two–if so, they would have both been on my Kindle on release day. Both books can be found on Kindle Unlimited.
The below book was my favorite of the 12 books I read.
Bedhead ( Hate to Love You Book 1) By Brooke Blaine OMG, second chance romance or enemies-to-lovers! Hudson and Drew, former lovers, now hate each other–or so they say. Both fellows are competing to get the rights to publish Viper’s (Fallen Angels Series) scandalous book. The guys are playing dirty, and the Fallen Angels guys were all over this book–love me some Viper. Viper and Halo make all the books more entertaining–love the cameos of the other Angels as well; the steam factor is scorching and has lots of snark, as you may imagine.
- lovers to enemies and lovers again
- second chance romance
- one bed
- forced proximity
Bedhead is the first book in the series, and different couples will be in each book and can be read as a standalone. I’m gonna say I cannot wait for Book 2, which will probably be one of Hudson’s brothers–maybe.
Fallen Angels Series
What do you do when you are in a reading funk?
You can check out my top ten MM Romance Novels here==⇒MM Romance Novels.
NONE! I read a lot but no reviews. I am happy to say that so far this month, I have reviewed three books, including one from my favorite author, J.R. Ward–so keep an eye out for that.
So, I purchased five books in total in July–see below. Keep in mind the below books do not include books I grabbed with my Kindleunlimited subscription.
- Ruin (Diablo Disciples MC Book 4)V. Theia – MC Romance
- Come Here, Kitten: A Steamy Greek Mythology Fantasy Romance (God of War Book 1) Emilia Rose- Paranormal Romance
- In-Laws vs. Outlaws (Hitman vs. Hitman Book 5) Cari Z and L.A. Witt- Gay (M/M) Romance
- Up in Flames Eden Finley and Saxon James – Gay (M/M Romance
- Savage Prince: A Dark Fated-Mates Romance Alison Aimes- Sci-Fiction Romance
Really looking forward to the release of Jeanne St. James, one that I’m sure I will devour on release day.
- Beyond the Badge: Rez ( Blue Avengers MC Book 4) Jeanne St. James~ August 5
My TBR list is getting bigger and bigger every day. Last month, I added five more books to my TBR list (not yet purchased)–not many were added for a change. There is one common theme here they are all Gay (MM) Romance books. You can click on the book covers to read more–if you like.
How did you do last month? Any books you would recommend to me? Let me know in the comments below. I look forward to hearing from you.